US Independence Day

Project "Teaching English to children with special needs" got started from the celebration of US Independence Day on July 4th, 2013. The participants of the event were the children who attend English classes. They learned interesting facts about the USA and traditions of celebrating Independence Day in America. Kids made handmade decoration by themselves. At the end of a celebration children received treats: candies and food that local McDonald's donated. Also our Celebration visited Khrystyna who is a worker at "Window in America" in Lviv. She told kids about traditions of celebrating 4th of July nowadays and showed them the book about Independence Day. Also the workers of "Window in America" gave us a big US flag. It was not only the main American symbol at our celebration but also I had a chance to tell and show children what stars, stripes and colors on the flag symbolize).


I am telling kinds about Indians and showing kids a 
dreamcatcher that I brought from Indian village in Florida
Ira makes decoration
Serhiy decorates the wall with the decoration 
that kids made by themselves
Treats from McDonald's and candies




No comments:

Post a Comment